Nuxalk Radio broadcasts from an internet-based system that allows volunteers to contribute to Nuxalk Radio from anywhere in the world with internet access.
If you are interested in starting a radio station in your community and would like to partner with Nuxalk Radio for support and/or to share programming, please contact us.
Nuxalk Radio is looking for programming in the following areas (and are also open to further ideas):
- Nuxalk language-learning
- Indigenous Rights / Nuxalk Nationhood / Decolonization
- Traditional economy / Land stewardship / Living from the land
- Environmental awareness / Green living / Ecological stewardship
- Traditional Foods / Local foods / Food Security
- Physical, mental, spiritual and emotional wellness
- Traditional medicine / Self-healing / Naturopathy
- Potlatch news
- Nuxalk practices: Rites of passage, ceremony, ancestral customs etc
- Nuxalk ancestry
- Indigenous music, local original music, Nuxalk contemporary music
- Norwegian local history and language
- Nuxalk academics: local archaeology, Nuxalk history, ancestral science, etc
- Bella Coola news, global / local indigenous news
- Sports / recreation / exercise / physical activity
- Audio book club (with focus on above topics)
Please send us your proposed volunteer radio show series idea and include the following:
- Proposed Show Title
- The Concept – what your show will be about
- The Team (Producer(s)/Host(s)) – brief biography, contact information
- Length - 30 mins, 1 hr, 2 hrs + Frequency - once a week, 5 days a week
We are happy to accept an audio sample of your proposed show.
- You do not have to reside in Bella Coola to contribute to Nuxalk Radio as our broadcast system is internet-based.
- Your show will be broadcast on: 91.1 FM in Bella Coola and live online through the NuxalkRadio.com website.
- We also broadcast syndicated radio shows.
Proposals accepted on an on-going basis.
Please send your completed proposal by email to: